Florida is one of the most popular destinations in the world for boating. While engaging in recreational boating activity, or while working on a boat, an individual can be injured in an accident.
Boating accidents can be very complex. Jurisdictional issues may arise, depending on the location of the incident. Many boating accidents involve negligence on the part of the operator of the boat, and may occur as a result of several factors, which may include:
- Overcrowding or overloading of the boat
- Operating the boat at an excessive speed
- Colliding with another boat or object
- Not complying with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission rules
- Operating the boat in a reckless manner
- Operating the boat during inclement weather
- Operating the boat while under the influence
If you or a loved one has been injured in a boating accident, please reach out to us for a free consultation.